10 Questions I Hope No One Asks at Kenna Katalyst NYC
In a few days, this Chicago transplant is headed to New York for the first Kenna Katalyst Workshop on Oct. 29. I’m excited to participate in this first-of-its-kind tutorial, which will arm attendees with data-driven insights they can use to prioritize cybersecurity vulnerabilities based on risk.
As part of the workshop, we’ll naturally be answering questions from attendees. If you know me, you know I’ll answer just about anything, sometimes to a fault. But if you’re in the crowd in New York, do me a favor and skip these.
- You just got another $48 million in funding. What are you going to do with all that? Need any help spending it?
- You co-founded a cloud security start-up in Chicago of all places! Why Chicago? Was it the sub-zero temperatures? The merciless wind? The tomatoes on the hot dogs? Your dream of one day playing for the Cubs? (hint: ‘cause I live here)
- Lou Malnati’s or Gino’s East? (This question is a trap, meant to trigger a stand-off between fiercely loyal pizza fans. Not to mention the obvious answer is neither, you pizza noob.)
- In 2016, the Cubs won their first World Series in 108 years. What is your current position on the season ticket waiting list?
- What’s it like to work with Michael Roytman? Is he as high-maintenance as he seems?
- Is it pronounced LUM-in or LOOM-in?
- I read somewhere that your grandfather pitched for the Red Sox. On a scale of 1 to 10, how big of a disappointment are you to the Bellis name?
- Throughout the years, your company has been known as HoneyApps, Risk I/O and now Kenna Security. Are you taking suggestions for your next name change?
- Speaking of name changes, can you get the Cyentia Institute to change their name? It’s just too hard to pronounce.
- I hear you’re hiring! I’ve got a cousin who just finished reading an article about data science. I can give you their resume, but they asked me to first see what snacks are supplied in the office and if there’s a 401K match program. They’re also really excited to meet Michael Roytman.
- Bonus Question! Wait, what’s with all the Chicago questions? Aren’t you from Detroit?
If you’re in the NYC area on Oct. 29, come join us at the Dream Hotel. And be sure to come with questions! (Just not these.)