Work at Kenna
Apply to become part of our marketing team.
Director, Corporate Communications
San Francisco, CA
Kenna Security is revolutionizing Cyber Risk Management with a SaaS-based Vulnerability and Exploit Intelligence platform that accurately measures risk and prioritizes remediation efforts before an attacker can exploit an organization’s weaknesses. Only Kenna offers a solution that automates the correlation of customer vulnerability data, exploit and zero-day data, analyzing security vulnerabilities against active Internet breaches.
Position Summary Kenna Security is looking for a rock star Corporate Communications professional with a track record of increasing responsibilities and aspirations to lead. Our market presence is growing, and with it the importance of working closely with journalists, industry analysts and other key influencers. This is a high impact role for the company as we accelerate into our next phase of growth. The role reports to the VP of Marketing, will work directly with company executives, marketing, and sales teams.
This role is responsible for owning and driving public relations, analyst relations, customer marketing, and influencer strategy. You should have the ability to establish and maintain stellar key influencer relationships. You will drive thought leadership and give our sales team the air cover they need to get into more deals and win them. You will manage external PR agencies that have the ability to get us in front of key influencers, editors, reporters and bloggers. Your job will be to help them secure more coverage and social engagement. You will be expected to proactively drive creative ideas for generating coverage and thought leadership.
- Define and align executive team on communications strategy
- Execute on strategy by developing relationships with key analysts and ensuring Kenna is taking all necessary steps to perform well in key research
- Own and manage our brand experience, and visual identity, and support web site.
- Track research calendar and coordinate cross-functionally to respond to analyst inquiries
- Establish processes for ongoing communication and education of industry analysts
- Drive thought leadership opportunities
- Lead a high-performance team
- Monitor analyst research and highlight relevant research to the appropriate teams with applicable positioning
- Oversee budget, analysis and recommendations for purchased analyst research services
- Flag and track competitive differentiation and leadership as perceived by influencers
- Monitor and enhance our social media interactions to drive more engagement in the market and position the company as a thought leader with key constituents
- Inject influencers into relevant areas of the organization, including with our product marketing, demand generation, and product teams as well as at events
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- 10+ years’ experience in B2B technology, with 5+ years’ experience working with agencies and analyst firms
- Must have strong knowledge and understanding of PR agencies and industry analyst ecosystem with track record of executing PR and AR programs.
- Knowledge of the cyber security/enterprise technology industry.
- Ability to work across organizational lines, command respect, and influence without authority.
- Strong analytical and verbal communication skills; highly effective presentation skills
- Exceptional writing and editing skills and experience in bringing new programs and ideas to life
- Driven, self-starter able to execute goals regardless of obstacles.
- Bachelor’s degree
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation
- All the tech you could want
- Weekly catered lunches, snacks, fruit, good coffee and other stuff to help you get through the day.
- A 401(K) plan to help you plan for your future.
- Great health, dental and vision insurance packages to fit your needs to ensure you’re happy and healthy.
- Commuter benefits that make getting to and from work a breeze.
- Employee referral bonuses so you’ll get the opportunity to work with friends (and get some extra cash in your pocket!).
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.
Interested in joining us? Please send your CV to email@example.com.